We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Monster Moto, both through our representatives and distributors and through our website. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account on our website;
- Make a purchase or request services;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey; or
- Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card information. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements.
Information from Other Sources
We receive personal information about you from other sources. This information helps us to correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and prevent or detect fraud.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our website, emails, and online advertising. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our website.
- We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
How We Use and/or Disclose Your Information:
Monster Moto uses your information to provide products and services and to support core business functions, including:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings, website, and advertising;
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions; and
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business.
- To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and non-personal information we collect with offline information, including information from third parties.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We only disclose your personal information with your prior consent or under the limited circumstances described herein.
- We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our website. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or Monster Moto maintain facilities. We require our service providers to keep your information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
- We may disclose your information in other special circumstances. These include situations when the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Monster Moto, our customers, our associates, or any other person, or where otherwise required by law. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers. Monster Moto may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Monster Moto or as part of any other change-of-control transaction.
Data Collection, Use, or Disclosure
Monster Moto collects, uses, or discloses your personal information consistent with this Policy. We consider consent to be implied, such as to use your email for marketing purposes, unless you contact us and opt out of these communications.
We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications like mail. Opt-out means we consider your consent is implied, but will stop the activity on your request. If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email and 4-6 weeks for other requests. Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.
How We Secure Your Information
Monster Moto takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. Securing your information is a company priority. We use reasonable security measures to help protect the confidentiality of personal information.
Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential. We also use a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). If your browser is capable of SSL (and most are), your account information will be protected during transport across the Internet.
Hard Copy and Electronic Storage Protections
Personal information that is maintained in our offices is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls as well. Hard copies of sensitive personal information are maintained in locked locations or cabinets with similar restrictions for electronic storage. When disposed of, the information is shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise sought to be made unreadable.
Please check this Policy periodically for changes. We will post the date it was last updated at the bottom of this Policy. Please contact us with any questions or comments at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
This Policy describes how we share information for marketing purposes. This Policy and rights apply to all customers, including California residents:
Last Updated: Sept. 22, 2014